Pages - Menu

Thursday 22 January 2015

Day 22 of 365 Day Challenge

I went to the National Gallery of Victoria in Melbourne this morning and took this lovely picture of a little boy and his mother. Can you guess how I got the shot?


Well, in the middle of the entrance hall they had this wonderful bronze roundabout and as I was watching I realised that the people were beautifully reflected in the centre column. This little boy was smiling at his own reflection and I managed to catch it. I only realised a little later how well the shot had come out so I looked around and luckily found the mother who gave me permission to use the shot. Thanks! Email me and I will send you the shot if you would like it.

I used Snapseed to crop it and enhance it slightly. Then took it into Retouch to remove some objects and finally the light created a natural division so in Pixlr (splash option) I removed the colour on the left hand side which emphasised it even more. This must be one of my favourite shots of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment