Pages - Menu

Sunday 31 August 2014

iPhoneography: iColorama S

I'm still on the hunt for apps on the Android or iPad which can fill the place of Photoshop Elements.

Although I am finding photography on a smartphone more challenging than a decent camera, the plethora of photo apps for devices is just astonishing and stuff which would have taken some time to achieve in PSE12 can be done quite simply in some apps.  However no one app does everything I want so finding the right mix is the real challenge but get fun!

I downloaded iColorama S (by Enrique Garcia) last week on a recommendation and haven't had time to test it out and since I paid for it, I decided I had better try it. This is a picture I took on my Samsung Ace and I liked the symmetry so thought it might be an interesting candidate for this app.


Well, I am quite astounded by what it can do and feel like I have only just scratched the surface. It takes a little getting used to and I found it a bit confusing to start off with but I think with a bit of practice it might just become one of my favourite tools for special effects.  I wish I could tell you the steps I went through but I tried so many I don't have a clue. I think in the end I only applied 2 or 3 effects but I can't be sure!


Looking at it on the PC, I think I would crop off a little of the right-hand side to make the tunnel exactly in the middle. I am beginning to realise that viewing your pictures on a PC before you finalize them is probably a must because it is only then you see the imperfections.

No comments:

Post a Comment