Pages - Menu

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Trip to Bookham Village

I need to get out of the house today so decided to go to Bookham (Surrey) because there is a delightful little clothes boutique there called the Sweet Pea.  What I didn't know was that it is closed on Wednesdays (sigh).  However, they also have the Patchwork Cabin which is a must visit and a another charming little sewing shop called Granary Crafts which is in a little cottage covered in ivy (picture from phone):


Then it was on to Mimi's Teas and Gifts and a wonderful piece of cake and tea.  I settled in here for a while to do another sketch for my online course.  One of the signs to buy on the wall was 'Scatter Kindness' and I thought that was lovely so I added it to my drawing.


Oh and I stopped by a shoe shop which I thought would be too conservative for me but they stock some great German make shoes that are so comfy and I ended up buying a little off-white pair.  Also stopped in at the little charity shop and bought a large format puzzle for Mom - £1 - a real find.  Finally I bought a little fabric bag for my drawing/watercolour bits and bobs from The Grange shop which supports people with disabilities to become independent.


All-in-all, a very successful morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment